All orders are accepted solely on the Internet, by fax or by mail.
As patterns can easily be photocopied or scanned, we have a NO RETURNS policy on booklets, leaflets and books. PDF patterns are also not refundable. This is common practice in the craft industry.
If you have any questions or queiries about a particular pattern, please ask before ordering.
- Please contact us first if you need to return any items. We cannot accept returns without prior authorization
Shipping costs are non-refundable
A 15% re-stocking fee will be charged
Hooks and needles are only returnable within 7 days of receipt if the are completely unused.
Yarn is NOT returnable.
All items must be in unused condition.
If you have any questions, please ask before ordering.
If a hook or needle is damaged due to a manufactoring fault, return it to us and it will be replaced free of charge.
Your purchase from Karp Styles signifies your acceptance of the aforementioned information and policies.
- If you require insurance, please request it when ordering. Unisured orders are sent at customers own risk. We are NOT responsible for items damaged or lost in the mail unless it is insured. We do this to keep shipping costs as low as possible. If you wish to add insurance, please ask. Please note that it can be costly to insure deliveries to some countries. All insurance claims must be received within 30 days of our shipment notificiation. Your purchase from Karp Styles signifies your acceptance of the aforementioned information and policies.
All orders are shipped by Canada Post and we do not do COD.
Orders are normally shipped within 24 hours on weekdays and most are processed immediately. Please do not email to ask the status of your order until after these times have passed.
- Within Canada - from 3 - 14 working days depending on your location
- To the USA - from 8 - 29 business days depending on your location and mailing method. Most orders take 15 business days or less
- International Air - from 7 working days - 2 months depending on your location and if the goods go through customs in the destination country. Most shipments arrive within 15 business days.
- International Surface - from 21 days - 6 months depending on your location (We only ship this way if it is requested)
We are not responsible for delays due to labour disputes, bad weather or other acts of God.
Downloadable Patterns: If you have paid by Paypal the pattern is available to download instantly. If you pay by credit card the pattern links will be emailed to you upon completion of the credit card processing. This is normally within 24 hours but may be longer due to weekends or holidays.
- The PDF Pattern or Printed Pattern('the pattern') you purchased from Karp Styles is copyrighted material - all rights reserved.
- You are granted a limited license to use the PDF pattern only on the computer you
downloaded it to and to print out a copy of the PDF pattern with all copyright and
trademark notices intact, for personal use only.
- Link sharing and/or file distribution is expressly forbidden.
- Do not email the pattern to anyone else. That is a violation of copyright.
- The pattern is not to be distributed by any commercial entity, library or guild
without explicit written permission from Karp Style. The pattern is not
transferrable or lendable.
- In Whole or Part:
Editing, using the pattern in any way as the basis for another pattern, modification
of and re-publishing the pattern, transmitting, or posting this pattern online, to a list
service or database is strictly prohibited and is a violation of copyright law.
- The page layouts and all content of the pattern, including but not limited to
photographs, numeric details and graphics are protected by Canadian, USA and International
law as copyrighted collective works.
- You are not allowed to make garments from this pattern then sell them anywhere.
- 'Karp Styles' and 'Puffin Patterns' are Trademarks
To Speak to Us:
- What if I need to speak with a real human being? As a small, one person, business, it's sometimes hard for us to answer phones, process orders, order stock, update websites...all at the same time. It is best to attempt to resolve any questions via email. All orders are accepted on the Internet, by Mail or fax. We do not take telephone orders.
- We do not publish catalogues. We are an e-commerce family owned and operated store and our website is more up-to-date than a catalogue would be. By not spending thousands publishing on paper, it also helps to keep costs down.
- We re-cycle packing boxes that we have received to do our bit to save the environment.
- We are very private people ourselves, and we don't appreciate when companies pass on our address to those who fill our mailboxes (both virtual and physical) with unwanted mail.
Therefore we have no intent of passing on your information either. We do not sell mailing lists, or offer your personal information to anybody.
Limitation of Liability:
Karp Styles regularly adds to, changes, improves, and updates this web site but makes no warranties or representations that the information accessible throughout this web site is accurate, complete, or current.
In addition, Karp Styles is not responsible for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind due to use of any pattern purchased from Karp Styles. Your purchase from Karp Styles signifies your acceptance of the aforementioned information and policies.
Karp Styles offers no guarantee and accepts no liability as to the accuracy or originality of patterns sold by other designers on this site. Questions concerning errors in the patterns, or possible copyright infringements should be directed to the author of the pattern in question. Karp Styles makes no represenatation or warranty as to the proposed use of any such material.
- In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, Karp Styles shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.